So, here’s the final result of my Visual Narrative piece. Constructing a comic completely in Adobe Illustrator has been a huge challenge for me, and I’m thankful that I was at least able to do my sketches in my own medium. From page 1 to 8, there is a huge difference in style and completion. They transition from rudimentary to fine tuned fairly quickly as I learned what worked best for the look I was going for, and as I became more adjusted to the tools required of me.
I knew ahead of time that Copy/Paste was going to be the greatest asset in this project, and it was used extensively with the character’s hair, rubble, and rain. I also used it to copy entire frames so tweet them slightly.
I initially complained about how restricting using the Pen Tool was, but really, once I got the hang of it I was able to use it quickly and effectively. Granted, I wasn’t able to get the exact look I was going for initially, I was still able to get a good look.
If I had another week or so on this project, I would have liked to re-do page 1 and 2, and go in and add shading by taking advantage of the transparency function, and the multiply option.